The Black Veil Brides | Teen Ink

The Black Veil Brides

April 8, 2011
By Jem Pilczuk BRONZE, Clifton Park, New York
Jem Pilczuk BRONZE, Clifton Park, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Black Veil Brides is an American metal-core band from LA, Formed
In 2006. Vocalist Andrew Biersack, or “Andy Sixx” formed the band in Ohio. When asked about the name of the band. Ashley Purdy said, “Black Veil Brides is a roman catholic term used for when a woman marries into the church and gives up all the pleasures of life to God.” She is then deemed a black veil bride.”

The band formed in Los Angeles in 2006. Andrew Biersack, “Andy Sixx” started the band. Andy is the only original member still in the band. Past members are Sandra Alverenga, who played drums, And Chris Hollywood and David “Pan” Burton, who both played guitar.

Current members in the band are Andy Sixx, Ashley Purdy, Jake Pitts, Jinxx, And Christian “CC” Coma. The Band was deeply influenced by the band Kiss. According to Andy, the band wants fans to feel like they are whoever they want them to be. “If they need us to be an emo band, or a metal band, then that’s what the band is.

The Black Veil Brides has one album at this moment “We Stitch these wounds”. Their next album is expected to be out on June 21st, 2011. They have 12 tracks on “We Stitch These Wounds”. Their two hit singles are “Knives and Pens” and Perfect Weapon”. They have music videos for both.