Loving Me | Teen Ink

Loving Me

December 20, 2007
By Anonymous

All my life I have stuggled to find out who I really am. Most of my life I hated myself and everything about me. I was always too fat, too ugly, too stupid, and just a bad person. I always put myself down. And it did take a toll on me. I have been through alot in my 17 years of life. I do regret a lot of decisions I have made but now, for the first time since I was young, do I accept myself for who I am. I may not be perfect and I may not be as pretty as other people, but now I see I am me and I have to accept that.I have stuggled with major depression, an eating disorder, and numerous hospitalizations.
I know through all those ordeals, I am stonger as a human. Although I've been depressed since age 5, I now know it wasn't my fault. It was a chemical imbalance and with medication I can feel better. I am human and I will go through my own ups and downs, but it is how I deal with my issues that counts. I have to be optimistic when things don't go my way and appreciate that I am blessed to be alive. For all the times I attempted to commit suicide, I have been saved by God and spared another chance at life. And I am so glad I am able to spend time with my friends and family and I am on the road to recovery. I am brave and I am strong. And I will succeed!