The Best Advice | Teen Ink

The Best Advice

December 13, 2007
By Anonymous

I have always been told to do my best, no matter what. In any situation I strive to do the best I can. Whether its academics, cheerleading, or organizing an event, I am always competing for excellence. It is not always easy, but I am always proud of what I have accomplished, and satisfied with my efforts.

It is seven p.m. on Friday, April 27th, 2007. Juniors and Seniors, dressed to kill, arrive at the Ritz Carlton in downtown Atlanta. Ten months of hard work and practice have been leading up to this one night. For several months before the event I spent many hours deciding on a location, coordinating the dinner and dance, writing scripts, finding entertainment, and of course picking out the perfect dress. Junior-Senior Banquet and Prom was an example of how hard work can make a difference. The James Bond music blasted, our cue, and my partner and I stepped onto the stage. We spoke effortlessly about the accomplishments of the class of 2007, recognized the class clowns and most intelligent during Senior Superlatives, and captivated our audience with the entertainment we had planned. Minor mishaps occurred, but I could not have been more proud of the final product. At the end of the night, the compliments flowed and my partner and I basked in our new found freedom from stress. I did my absolute best in planning the biggest event in our high school. All my hard work and the long hours finally paid off, my pride could not be concealed.

The best advice I ever received resulted in my deep determination and tough work ethic. This advice has not only affected my school work and hobbies, but has turned me into a leader and example for others. The best advice I have ever received is also the best advice I could ever give to anyone with the desire to succeed. Always do your best, no matter what.