Meeting Edwin | Teen Ink

Meeting Edwin

Meeting Edwin was like running into and getting slapped across the face by love. My heart felt like it could no longer contain the love I had for him; it felt like a balloon popping when he went out with my best friend Ashley. Edwin was a tall man. He had short black hair. Bright green eyes that I could get lost in. He had a kindness about compassion. When he hugs me I could just melt. Ashley was a small girl with long brown hair. Like her hair her eyes were brown as well. She was the kind of person who would not take anything from anyone. When she would get to help people she was like nobody could touch her. When Ashley smiled it was like the sun just came out from behind a cloud. when she smiled it made every thing seemed to be improved.

Over time things started looking up for me. In the dead of night I could see the light at the end of the tunnel, as clear as day. The two of them started to fight for what felt like hours but was only five minutes. They went off like an atom bomb.
Time passed and they broke up. And I finally saw my turn to muscle in on what I felt was rightfully mine. As soon as the thought passed through my head the next one was “OH S***”. I was wedged in the middle of two people that I loved, like the pages of a book. What was I going to do? I could not possibly choose between the man I sought to be the father of my future children and my best friend Ashley. She was always there when he was not. I had just met this man who I was in lust for and my best friend. Yet I could not choose. Nothing came to mind on how I could solve this never-ending story that was unfolding in front of my eyes. As the months passed I was spending more time with Edwin than with Ashley.

One day when I was on my way to Edwin’s house I spotted Ashley. She had stopped by to say hi and help her egg Edwin’s house. Edwin and I had become close over the months that Ashley was gone. He was no longer the man I was in lust with but like my brother. Ashley asked me if I wanted to egg Edwin’s house with her. Edwin and I had become close over the days that Ashley was gone. We talked about every thing. NO!!! I told Ashley what was up and told her that if she were my true friend than she would get over herself. My relationship with Edwin was great all through eighth grade. When ninth grade started Edwin moved back to Louisiana. And when he left he took my heart and good behavior with him. But that is another memory.