Abraham Lincoln | Teen Ink

Abraham Lincoln

By Jmccloskey BRONZE, Wellington, Florida
Jmccloskey BRONZE, Wellington, Florida

Thomas Keneally wrote Abraham Lincoln, a life. Abraham Lincoln was arguably the most important president in American history. Not only did he abolish slavery but also he pieced together a broken country. Unfortunately he never got to see it truly together. No other man women or chilled in are history has ever truly gotten a chance to do something like that. It still astonishes me that he come from the backcountry, a frontiersman, and then become the most powerful man in the country.

Abraham Lincoln was the 16th president of the United States of America. During his presidency he saw a nation divided, a war and the abolition of slavery. He served one term and began another but shortly after he started he was assassinated. He gave two of the most famous speeches in the world, the Gettysburg address, and his second Inaugural address. Lincoln is most famous for abolishing slavery, but originally he only wanted to bring the nation back together.

The 16th president of the U.S. had multiple strengths. He was very smart even though he was not very school educated he thought himself mostly. The well-rounded Lincoln had many jobs that gave him traits that guided and mad him into the man who lead are country through the bloodiest war in are history. Some of his special qualities were strength; from his time as a shopkeeper, he had to carry boxes and other items around the shop; determination and a will as strong as steal from his time shipping cargo up and down the Mississippi, Lincoln had to be determined to deal with the stress and chaos of going to the port of New Orleans’ unloading and selling his cargo to the highest bidder; and savvy, after a while of being a lawyer you learn to manipulate and bend the competition to your will. He had to have strength to survive; he loosed three of his four sons, one of witch died in the white house, Willie. Lincoln also lost half the country when he was in office. He also had to be determined to piece a broken country back together. Abraham needed his savvy wit to stay one step ahead of the enemy, and to also run what was left of his once great country. Those important traits helped this great president survive the white house until he met his early grave.

Lincoln is one of the most famous presidents, next to Washington. Lincoln abolished slavery, one of the greatest feats in American history. There is no one in the U.S. who doesn’t know who abolished slavery. Abraham was also the president who led a broken America through the Civil war. The Civil war was the bloodiest war in American history. Almost 700,000 casualties total. But any American can tell you that. The last major reason is unfortunately the worst, April 14th 1865 John Wilkes Both assassinated Abraham Lincoln at the showing of Our American Cousin at the Ford Theater. This day was the most tragic date in American history. Those are the three major reasons Lincoln is famous.

Lincoln field was America. He abolished slavery June 18 1865. He became president on March 4 1861. When Lincoln was first getting into politics he joined the Clay party, it was kind of a working man/industrial party. He was also was the Commander and Chief during the Civil war. He ended the Civil war in 1865. Lincoln is the most well known president in the U.S. and I am proud to know we inhabited the same country.

I think Lincoln was an amazing person. Not only because he was the president but because he surfed so much in personal loses and half the country and still woke up in the morning with a smile on his face. His strong will and determination inspires me 146 years later. I don’t believe any other man could step into his shoes and do what he did. That man had true grit. The fact that we walked the same earth gives me Goosebumps!
Abraham Lincoln was our 16th president. During his presidency he saw a nation unravel at its seams, a son stole away by the cold grip of death; he also obliterated a horrible infestation called slavery. Abraham had a rough upbringing and a rougher life that lead into an early, horrible grave. Only one person thought he would amount to anything, his cousin Dennis. Abraham Lincoln; a life, written by Thomas Keneally was a phenomenal biography. I belive this was a true account of Lincoln’s life because it included good and more important bad about him, something bad was Lincoln wanted to publish a pan flit slurring God. I am truly glad I had an opportunity to open my eyes a little more into Lincoln’s life!

biography

samisnttcooo said...
samisnttcooo,
Holy grammar errors. Learn to spell.