I Told You So | Teen Ink

I Told You So

March 2, 2011
By sn1p3r2505 BRONZE, Shalimar, Florida
sn1p3r2505 BRONZE, Shalimar, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

“Do I have to go? Why would you do this without asking me?” I asked my mom. She replied.
“First of all I do not have to consult you for anything, second you were in school. Chances are you might even like.
“Fine but I’m only going because you’re making me I won’t like it and I won’t have fun.” I replied showing my mom I was angry at her. She says it will be fun, but she’s just saying that so I’ll go. She told me she volunteered me to read to little kid at Dipples Day Care. When she told me that I had to read, I had to restrain my tongue for yelling at her and getting in trouble.
When the Day came to go read, I was resistant to go. When I got there, there were other kids that were going to read also. When I signed in the lady at the desk told me I was reader number fifth-teen (the last one).
As the other kids read I realized that it was not as bad as I thought. One kid read “The Cat in The Hat by Dr. Seuss”, another person read “There’s a Wocket in my Pocket” by Dr. Seuss, and I read Green Eggs and Ham” by Dr. Seuss. As the time passed and the kids read it finally came to my turn. As I started to read the day care kids started to get antsy and started to play again. “I would not like them here or there. I would not like them anywhere.”
“Kids please sit down” the lady at the front would say to the kids.” Ok you may continue.” “I do like green eggs and ham. I do not like them Sam-I-Am. Would you like them in a house? Would you like them with a mouse?”
“Kids please sit down.” The lady said in a louder voice. “Now you may continue” “Would you? Could you? In car? Eat them! Eat them! Here they are. I would not, could not in car.”
“Kids please sit down!” This time she yelled. That was final and I was able to finish the book just in time for parents to arrive. When my mom got there she asked how was it?
“It was much better than I thought it would be but by time I was reading the kids became antsy and the lady had to tell them to stop several times before I could finish.” I replied and explained to her. Then moms being moms she said.
“I told you so.” I told her I’m sorry for doubting her and getting mad, but please next time at least ask me before you volunteer for something. We hugged and exchanged our apologies and walked off. Once we got in the car she said.
“So what do you think of reading to kid at Kidder Care day care."

The author's comments:
This peice of writing is an event in my life that i didnt want to do but I did it and it came out to be fun