Hold on to your curiosity | Teen Ink

Hold on to your curiosity

By temari67 BRONZE, Bronx, New York
temari67 BRONZE, Bronx, New York

Hold on to your curiosity, and you’ll have a better chance of finding yourself. By Lauren Hutton

My topic is about holding on to your curiosity, and finding yourself, who you are, what you want, and what you want to be. This could be right now, tomorrow, 20 years from now, forever. This subject affects all teenagers and it is common for us to face this issue. For example I want to be a forensic scientist or investigator but sometimes I feel I should go the less adventurous route and become a pharmacist.

Lauren Hutton is a Famous model and actress. Many people do not know that she came from a background of extreme poverty. She grew up in a swamp by Tampa, Florida. Along with poverty she had to deal everyday with many varieties of dangerous snakes as well as alligators.

Some years later after she became famous a friend in Morocco told her this while Lauren was trying to ride an Arabian Stallion “If you look down to the ground, you’ll fall.” “But if you look far and high you will fly.” Lauren Hutton quickly figured out what she wanted to do with herself and didn’t waste time dwelling about her earlier life of poverty.

I admire Lauren Hutton for achieving her goals and now that she older (66) she is an inspiring role model to older women. Teenagers should not let anyone discourage them in seeking what they truly want in life.

I had inspiration from this quote because I know what I truly want in life.