Letters to Pressly | Teen Ink

Letters to Pressly

By arebeesreallyhappy BRONZE, Davidson, North Carolina
arebeesreallyhappy BRONZE, Davidson, North Carolina

"Anyone can die, it's living that takes courage."
"Everybody is going to be someone's hero in somebody's moment."

Dear Pressly,
As I was waiting for my bus it was raining, it was cold too. You wouldn’t know that though because you killed yourself. Why Pressly? There are rumors going around that it’s because you were bullied. If I could, I’d tell you that there’s hope and it will get better, even if I don’t quite believe it myself.

Dr. Morgan just made an announcement about you. I wish it could’ve been because you were an amazing football player or you were incredibly smart. I’m still in the dark about what exactly happened. Some people say you killed yourself on purpose, other on accident.

I didn’t know you. I had never even seen you. I didn’t know you existed until yesterday. As soon as the announcement was made about you yesterday, my teacher went back to the math problem on the board. He didn’t even falter. I hate to tell you this Pressly, but lives go on. You brought a lot of pain to this school, but eventually everyone will forget. There will be one less seat at graduation.

Random people who didn’t know you are posting things about you, as their facebook status. I don’t like that, at all. Maybe I’m being a hypocrite though, I’m writing a letter to you and I never knew you. They are saying things about how wrong it was and that you’ll be missed. Your death affects me so much. I really wish you hadn’t killed yourself.

I talked to Mr. Hauldane, an 8th grade teacher. He asked me how I was dealing with your death. I said that it was sad because it could have been me they were talking about (I’m chronically suicidal). He said, “Yeah, I mean you had this chance to see how much it affects people, and Pressly didn’t. School comes second to this.” Then we were interrupted by Dr. Morgan. If you had the chance to see, would you change your mind?

Sincerely,

Jacey

Dear Pressly,

The pep rally is being postponed until next Friday. Your funeral is this Saturday. I hope it was worth it.

Sincerely,

Jacey

Dear Pressly,

It was raining again today. I really wish you hadn’t died. I didn’t even know you and your death is affecting me so much. I just signed a card that’s going to your family. I said, “I am so sorry for your loss. May he be safe and happy.” It’s a tad bit ironic. I don’t believe in God or heaven. Your family doesn’t have to know that though.

Sincerely,

Jacey

Dear Pressly,

I want to go to your funeral, but that would feel wrong. It starts in an hour. I barely got any sleep last night because I was thinking about you. I was really sad, and I made a playlist. Music makes everything better for me.

How to save a life- The Fray

Let it be- The Beatles

Pictures of you- The Last Goodnight

Say what you will- Damhnait Doyle

Yesterday- The Beatles

Here Without You- 3 Doors Down

Imagine- John Lennon

Wonderwall- Oasis

Show Me What I’m Looking For- Carolina Liar

Closer- Joshua Radin

Boston- Augustana

Have It All- Jeremy Kay

Until the End- Breaking Benjamin

Wouldn’t it be nice- The Beach Boys

Superman- Five for Fighting
Some are for the lyrics, others because of the solemn tone they have. A couple of them shouldn’t be on there, but I couldn’t resist.
I think that losing a child is one of the worst things that can happen to someone. I feel so sorry for your parents. I really hope this won’t absolutely ruin them. Hot tears were running down my face. Sam, why did you die? Whether you meant to or not, you have brought pain to so many people. I don’t think I’m ever going to forget this. You will be missed.

Sincerely,

Jacey

A 7th grader at my school died recently. This article is straight from my journal.

Well the kid's real name was Sam but I was trying to respect his and his family's privacy. I slipped up and used his real name, my apologizies.

Odessa_Sterling00 DIAMOND, No, Missouri

All gave some, some gave all. -War Veterans headstone.

In the last letter you said SAM not PRESSLY.  Kinda confusing and it makes me mad when people do that.