Letter to Jeff Dunham | Teen Ink

Letter to Jeff Dunham

Dear Jeff Dunham,

My name is Charlette Washington. I am a junior at Iberville Parish Mathematics, Science, and Arts Academy, West Campus. We are a school with many opportunities that no other school possesses. Everyone is on the same page and works together as a family. The reason why I am writing this letter is to ask you to come perform at our school to help raise money for our school.

We are trying to raise money to help build a better environment on our school campus. We are also trying to purchase new textbooks and different technology equipment. Since we focus so much on reading we need books. Reading is important to the human race. When reading, you must understand what you are reading. In order for me to read a book, I have to read the back of the book. Books are important to me because it betters me with my vocabulary. I have read a few books that were boring to me. Some books even related to my life. Every English/Reading class I have been in said reading was important. When I was in 8th grade I had to read everyday when I got in reading class. I thought it was not a smart idea. So far everyone in our school (students and faculty) have their own Apple Mac Book. Our media classes have the desktop Mac computer. We are trying to fill our computer lab with the desktop Mac computer.
When I open a magazine all I do is look at the pictures and the few words below them. The only time I read the article is when the topic is on what I like. Magazines are important to read because it has different articles about what you need to know in life. But when I saw you and your puppets I decided to read them. Newspapers are important because you find out what is happening in your state and town you live in. the reason young adults do not read the newspaper is because the paper is dingy and the newspaper does not have any color. I thought maybe I would find you and your occupation in the newspaper

I really have been amazed by your work. I enjoy watching you and Achmed the dead terrorist. When I was informed about you being on YouTube, I now watch it at least twice a day. I found it very interesting that you are able to throw your voice and make different things talk. I really would like for you to come perform and help us raise money. We would charge admission and be able to pay you and pay for school.

We would really appreciate if you would come share your talent with us. I’m sure you would leave plenty smiles behind. Your talent will also impact some students that attend the MSA, and by the next week we’ll have a million Jeff Dunham here. I want to thank you for taking your time out to read this letter, hopefully it gets through to you and you come through and show your passion to us.