First Kiss | Teen Ink

First Kiss MAG

March 12, 2008
By Anonymous

His stubby fingers were intertwined with mine. Quietly we sat, hand in hand. The clammy air made his palms warm and slightly sticky. It didn’t matter – he was still adorable. The theater was almost empty, a bit darker than usual, making it feel more intimate.

Matt Damon’s body was sprawled across the screen, commanding any girl’s attention, but the only person I was interested in was next to me. I couldn’t even begin to tell you what that movie was about. There we sat, whispering to each other about absolutely nothing, making bets about everything. We seemed like best friends more than a couple.

Suddenly he grabbed my wallet. I tried to get it back but he refused. Pouting, I turned back to the movie, trying to prove how annoyed I was. On the screen, I caught a glimpse of Matt Damon passionately kissing his costar. For some reason my skin tingled and his grip tightened on my hand.

The whole kissing issue had not come up between us. Neither of us had done it before, so it was a somewhat foreign subject. Nervously, I turned to look at him. “I bet you won’t do that,” he teased, with a smirk on his face.

“I bet you won’t either,” I whispered, hoping to God and all his angels that he would.

“Two dollars says I will.”

“Fine, bet.”

My palms suddenly felt sweaty as he shifted his position in the seat. Oh my God, this is actually going to happen. I closed my eyes as he slowly leaned in. His full lips lightly brushed mine. I never imagined they would be so soft. Time seemed to stand still. My stomach dropped, and my adrenaline skyrocketed. I was at a loss for words. It was perfect.

He slowly pulled away, his lips curling into a smile. “See? I told you I would do it. Pay up, mug.”

Trying not to stutter, I replied as nonchalantly as possible, “I guess.”

Attempting to gain my composure, I turned to find my money. My hands shook. He didn’t know the effect he had on me. This new experience sent fire flowing through my veins. I wanted his lips on mine again, my first infatuation.

As I turned to hand him the wrinkled bills, he smiled and said, “That one’s on the house.”