First Kiss | Teen Ink

First Kiss MAG

His stubby fingers were intertwined with mine. Quietly we sat, hand in hand. The clammy air made his palms warm and slightly sticky. It didn’t matter – he was still adorable. The theater was almost empty, a bit darker than usual, making it feel more intimate.

Matt Damon’s body was sprawled across the screen, commanding any girl’s attention, but the only person I was interested in was next to me. I couldn’t even begin to tell you what that movie was about. There we sat, whispering to each other about absolutely nothing, making bets about everything. We seemed like best friends more than a couple.

Suddenly he grabbed my wallet. I tried to get it back but he refused. Pouting, I turned back to the movie, trying to prove how annoyed I was. On the screen, I caught a glimpse of Matt Damon passionately kissing his costar. For some reason my skin tingled and his grip tightened on my hand.

The whole kissing issue had not come up between us. Neither of us had done it before, so it was a somewhat foreign subject. Nervously, I turned to look at him. “I bet you won’t do that,” he teased, with a smirk on his face.

“I bet you won’t either,” I whispered, hoping to God and all his angels that he would.

“Two dollars says I will.”

“Fine, bet.”

My palms suddenly felt sweaty as he shifted his position in the seat. Oh my God, this is actually going to happen. I closed my eyes as he slowly leaned in. His full lips lightly brushed mine. I never imagined they would be so soft. Time seemed to stand still. My stomach dropped, and my adrenaline skyrocketed. I was at a loss for words. It was perfect.

He slowly pulled away, his lips curling into a smile. “See? I told you I would do it. Pay up, mug.”

Trying not to stutter, I replied as nonchalantly as possible, “I guess.”

Attempting to gain my composure, I turned to find my money. My hands shook. He didn’t know the effect he had on me. This new experience sent fire flowing through my veins. I wanted his lips on mine again, my first infatuation.

As I turned to hand him the wrinkled bills, he smiled and said, “That one’s on the house.”

on Sep. 1 2010 at 6:57 am
meaghantt BRONZE, Raywood, Texas

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phillippians 4:13

Great job! I loved it! Check out my recent article in Nonfiction!

on Dec. 10 2009 at 3:07 pm
Lixxy_93 DIAMOND, Westminster, California

"If you have them, flaunt them" -Circle of Friends

"may the saddest day of the future be no worse then the happiest day of your past" -irish blessing

If male homosexuals are called "gay," then female homosexuals should be called "ecstatic."

that was soo sweet, ive already had my first kiss but mine wasnt as great as yours!

on Jun. 11 2009 at 6:18 am
Kalene Lozick BRONZE, La Mesa, California
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
I loved every moment in this story. I have not had my first kiss yet. But when i do i wish for something like this. I loved every sentence, it made me smile. I give you props!

on May. 21 2009 at 5:39 pm
write4life GOLD, Macon, Georgia
I love how you brought the story to life!! and I can definitely relate--thats exactly how my best friend and i are :)

Fwisherman said...
on Apr. 11 2009 at 4:34 am
That was really nice. :)

I haven't kissed anyone yet, other than when i was like 7. But I hope that when i do, the girl feels like you did.

=)

Mad13658 GOLD said...
on Apr. 7 2009 at 10:01 pm
Mad13658 GOLD, Glen Rock, Pennsylvania

"You've got to love what's lovable, and hate what's hateable. It takes brains to see the difference."
- Robert Frost

That was so beautiful. The end was funny it was a great story.

luv bug said...
on Mar. 28 2009 at 10:09 pm
omg!!!!!that was amazing!!!i hope that happens to me one day!!

-Kal- GOLD said...
on Mar. 21 2009 at 1:42 am
-Kal- GOLD, Carthage, North Carolina

"Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and recieves the impossible"
-Anonymous

great work. not many people could paint as vivid a pic as you did with such a short story.

on Mar. 6 2009 at 12:53 am
im (sadly) a lip virgin, so your story was quite beautiful to me. rly sweet, everything a girl like me could hope for. nice job. cute story.

on Mar. 5 2009 at 8:04 pm
Omg. Thats beautiful. It made the invisible butterflys in my stomach go into a frenzy. I would like to read more like this!! :D

on Feb. 28 2009 at 6:41 pm
aw... its sweet and real life. i really liked it!

rand0m said...
on Feb. 28 2009 at 1:48 am
aww thats rlli sweet!!

tweedle dee said...
on Feb. 21 2009 at 8:04 pm
awww, that's sweet!