Do You Ever Wonder | Teen Ink

Do You Ever Wonder

Do you ever wonder why our world is such a bad place? Why no can figure out a way to create world peace so our world won’t come to an end? I have, it’s a rather interesting subject in my opinion. I don’t like the idea I came up with however, I can’t think of anything else. I think our prejudices get in the way of peace.

I think our minds maybe so one tracked that we can’t get passed our prejudice to achieve world peace. I don’t like the idea of this but; I can’t get the idea out of my head and the people blowing up things that represent or mean anything to the people they don’t like only support the idea in my mind. Many people in our world past and present have gotten past their personal prejudice’s but, far more have acted on them and created the world we lived in today.

Many people have their prejudices because of something in the past that happened and they can’t get past it. They hold a grudge and won’t let go, they seem to forget that the people their hating now aren’t the same people who did whatever made them mad in the first place. Maybe it was just a select group of people and not everyone that you’re mad at has the same opinions as the people who did it, maybe they’re just as mad as you.

If everyone in the world got past their personal prejudice and thought clearly then I think that as a whole we could achieve world peace and move forward into the future and leave the terrible events of the past behind . I would love if my idea was wrong and that people aren’t holding grudges against innocent people and I want someone to prove my mind wrong but, the only one who I can think of they can follow is Gandhi.