What Goes Around Comes Around | Teen Ink

What Goes Around Comes Around

By TheseGuys BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
TheseGuys BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts

When you hear "blue rasberry", that's when you know somethings wrong.

You have the most amazing shoes now! You think about how jealous all your friends will be, how they will envy you, how they will shun you because you are just that much more awesome than they are. There is this thought nagging you, you feel like you should know what it is, but you just can’t put your finger on it. You feel like that it couldn’t possibly be that bad. If it was really that important, you wouldn’t have forgotten, right? The next morning, when your mom wakes you up by saying: “Time for school!” You finally remember, you have to go to school!

When you get to school, you feel like nothing is going to go right, but you know that if there is always something about the day that will cheer you up, it really can’t be that bad, can it? It can’t be, because right when you get inside, you see someone slip and fall! You burst out laughing and your laughter is contagious because as soon as you start laughing, so does everyone else.

The day keeps going, you go to all your classes, and then when you reach science class, you are amazed by what you see. There are many towers scattered about. Maybe you have a fun project; maybe you can use this project as an excuse to skip afterschool. You nearly faint from the excitement. And it just keeps getting better; you got put in the group with all the smart people! You just want to scream!

At recess, you already know what you are going to do. The fluffy white substance that covers the ground outside is making you restless, calling to you. In your mind, you are already imagining what’s going to happen outside. You rub your hands in anticipation.
“Wow!” you think. “The day just keeps getting better and better, it’s a good thing I came to school thinking positive. I guess what goes around comes around.”

When you get back, you are shivering from the cold, but it was all worth it. You wrecked a bunch of people while only a few wrecked you. You can still hear the startled cries of your victims.

Your next class comes and you have to go to the computer lab to type of one of the most important things that has happened in your life. You have to make an essay that you post onto a website, but while you’re typing, you have figured out one of the coolest things in the whole entire world, but you have to keep it a secret, it could change the way everyone thinks. You know that you have access to everybody’s accounts!

Last class, you have another project, you have to make a cube with each side depicting an event that happened during the Holocaust. “This is really easy,” you think. “I can get an easy A+.”

When the bell rings, you race out of the classroom. “ This was actually a really fun day,” you think. “Everything good happened to me today. I didn’t get yelled at, I didn’t get in trouble for tackling people. My parents will be so proud of me; maybe I can ask them for a new game. Maybe if I come to school every day thinking positive, everyday might be like this.”

I want everyday at school to just be fun as much as the next guy, but school has its ups and downs, it’s not like you’re going to have any homework and have fun projects everyday. There are those days that have all the fun in them, and the days that you feel are just living nightmares. Those days often never come at all, but if they do, face them with a positive attitude, and you will be rewarded with a positive outcome.