Advocacy Letter | Teen Ink

Advocacy Letter

By CourtneyDeprez SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
CourtneyDeprez SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

Dear Gary Rodkins:

I am writing to you on behalf of my younger sister. She is now 14 years of age and has been suffering from anorexia for over a year. She enjoys Yoplait yogurt and eats about 3 a day in place of her dairy portion of the food pyramid. One at each meal of the day: breakfast, lunch, and dinner. But due to her eating disorder she must eat the regular yogurts in place of the light yogurts due to her calorie intake. She is upset that some flavors, for example red velvet cake, are available in the light kind of yogurt but not available in the regular yogurts.

I do understand that there is a wide variety of flavors available in both the light and regular yogurt, but I believe that having the same flavors in both the light and regular would also please other customers. I understand this may be costly, but maybe you could select the least popular flavors of yogurt and switch to the common flavors and have the same flavors for both the light and regular.

When my younger sister first fell in the trap of her eating disorder it was hard to get her to eat more than three bowls of cereal in one day. But now she has come a long way and intakes the calories that are needed. Yoplait has been a big factor in her everyday life, because she eats about 3 a day. While she does enjoy Yoplait yogurts she is upset that she no longer enjoys her favorite flavor, red velvet cake. Switching the flavors would be a big help in my sisters steps to fight her eating disorder.

As CEO of Yoplait USA Inc I feel that you have a lot of authority in the situation. With your help I feel my little sister will be happier about eating again. Thank you for your time.

Bethani GOLD said...
Bethani GOLD, Highlands Ranch, Colorado

Life is perfect until you sit back and realize how boring it is without risks.

Unique! I love it! Good points!