Letter to Facebook | Teen Ink

Letter to Facebook

By Alex Quast SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Alex Quast SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

To Whom It May Concern
1601 California Ave., Palo Alto, CA
Facebook Headquarters at Stanford Research Park

To Whom It May Concern,
I am a typical teenager, and like a typical teenager Facebook is my most-visited website. I really enjoy Facebook because it helps me talk to my friends when I’m not in school and connect with friends and family that live in other states. Facebook has almost become a daily part of my life; however, I have discovered that Facebook is lacking in the customer support system that is essential to a company as large as large as yours.
After creating a group for school using the new Groups feature, I had some questions about it and wanted to talk to a direct representative from Facebook. I discovered that Facebook only has a submit your question/comment/concern box for me to use. I could also use a thread to ask my question, but if it was answered, it would be answered by another Facebook user. I would like to propose that Facebook expand on its customer support. First off, a call center should be made so that people who have questions can talk to someone directly instead of having waste time looking for an answer. Even though Facebook has over 500 million users, other big companies such as AT&T, Disney, and Toyota have customer service lines set up and provide its customers an address to send question/comments/concerns to. I realize that setting up any type of customer service will cost the company some money. But, your company made $700 million last year, and a couple million of it can be spent on improving relationships with your users and creating a higher user satisfaction.
As a worker at Facebook, you have the authority to voice this concern to others in the Facebook Company. Facebook can become more user-friendly and user complaints will go down.
If you wish to contact me, you may use the address or phone number listed above, or you may email me at XXXXXXXXXXXXXX. Thank you for taking time to read this and for your consideration.