My True Lover: Food | Teen Ink

My True Lover: Food

December 31, 2010
By PoeticTwirler PLATINUM, Wantagh, New York
PoeticTwirler PLATINUM, Wantagh, New York
24 articles 0 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
" If I has to chose between loving you and breathing , I would use my last breath to say I love you...."


Hello my name is PoeticTwirler and I am an emotional eater.

Since I was a little girl I have loved food. I come from a family where it is a big influence in our lives. I am Italian, Romanian, Irish, Scottish, English, and Germany. Food is a large part of all their cultures and large part of mine.

I have always loved sweets, and carbs, anything that tasted good; not caring of the affects it will have on my body. Food is my friend and it has always been. When I pick up food and eat it; it is like like comfort. Like all my feelings or any thought I am having at that moment just disappears when the food hits my tongue. Food is like a sponge just absorbing anything I am feeling; it is a pain reliever.

I have been through so much through my life in the past few years. Any bad or negative memories I remember end with food. Warm, soft, sweet, smooth, crunchy all describe my favorite foods. They give me good, happy feelings; that hopefully it will take the pain away.

But it never permanently took the pain always just temporarily. But this problem I have just keeps making me bigger and bigger. I get heavier and heavier. I get weaker and weaker. I get sleepy and sleepier. I get madder and madder at food. I just don’t know why I have this connection I have with food.

Food is something that is always there. It is always there. All I know is that food is my comfort. Food is always there. I am an emotional eater. In definition it means any time I feel something I like to eat food. For all the girls like me and feel this same way and have the same connection with food all I say is lets drop the food and stick together.


The author's comments:
I wrote this because... well to be honest i am not really sure why. I have been an emotional eater for i don't know how long but now i see my condition and see that it is time to make a change.

Anyone like me i say lets drop the food and stick together.