My True Lover: Food | Teen Ink

My True Lover: Food

By PoeticTwirler PLATINUM, Wantagh, New York
PoeticTwirler PLATINUM, Wantagh, New York

" If I has to chose between loving you and breathing , I would use my last breath to say I love you...."

Hello my name is PoeticTwirler and I am an emotional eater.

Since I was a little girl I have loved food. I come from a family where it is a big influence in our lives. I am Italian, Romanian, Irish, Scottish, English, and Germany. Food is a large part of all their cultures and large part of mine.

I have always loved sweets, and carbs, anything that tasted good; not caring of the affects it will have on my body. Food is my friend and it has always been. When I pick up food and eat it; it is like like comfort. Like all my feelings or any thought I am having at that moment just disappears when the food hits my tongue. Food is like a sponge just absorbing anything I am feeling; it is a pain reliever.

I have been through so much through my life in the past few years. Any bad or negative memories I remember end with food. Warm, soft, sweet, smooth, crunchy all describe my favorite foods. They give me good, happy feelings; that hopefully it will take the pain away.

But it never permanently took the pain always just temporarily. But this problem I have just keeps making me bigger and bigger. I get heavier and heavier. I get weaker and weaker. I get sleepy and sleepier. I get madder and madder at food. I just don’t know why I have this connection I have with food.

Food is something that is always there. It is always there. All I know is that food is my comfort. Food is always there. I am an emotional eater. In definition it means any time I feel something I like to eat food. For all the girls like me and feel this same way and have the same connection with food all I say is lets drop the food and stick together.

I wrote this because... well to be honest i am not really sure why. I have been an emotional eater for i don't know how long but now i see my condition and see that it is time to make a change.

Anyone like me i say lets drop the food and stick together.

Thank you for admitting you are like me. It is always nice to know that there is someone out there like you so you do not feel alone when you are not. Thank you for the luck and Good luck to you too!

yes it was hard to write but it was something that needed to be written down. it is something of my process; admitting the problem that will hopefully help me.

I just wanted to share with others like me.

lollypops GOLD said...
lollypops GOLD, Pilot, Virginia

Live

wow this was a must have been a hard article to write

on Jan. 7 2011 at 11:42 am
Shminkanator5000 SILVER, Rochester, New York

"the only thing we have to fear is fear itself"

I have the same problem! I look at it like this: You can be addicted to cigarettes or alcohol, but quit. But when youre addicted to food, you cant just quit because you need it to live. I've struggled my whole life with this. Good luck!