Photographs | Teen Ink

Photographs

By SashaJox GOLD, London, Other
SashaJox GOLD, London, Other

‘Life has no smooth road for any of us; and in the bracing atmosphere of a high aim the very roughness stimulates the climber to steadier steps, till the legend, over steep ways to the stars, fulfils itself.'

Photos. Simple pictures which freeze a moment in your life. A moment which doesn’t change. A moment where the people remain the same, even if they have changed in real life.

We remember moments by looking through pictures and all of a sudden we recall the event. Our “memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.” Think about it. The world can change, your life can change, the people can change, but that picture will remain the same. Always and forever. The things in that picture will never ever change. The story behind it. The laughs behind it. The love behind it. No change.

“A picture is worth a thousand words.” But it isn’t just words which I think a picture is worth. I think pictures are worth a moment. If you took a picture every moment of your life you could retell your story. From the moment you were born till the day you turn twenty. You could look through those moments and get a life story out of it.

Pictures aren’t a piece of specialised paper with three people smiling together, holding hands. Pictures are a memory, a moment, a time and a life.