Music | Teen Ink

Music

December 19, 2010
By SashaJox GOLD, London, Other
SashaJox GOLD, London, Other
12 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
‘Life has no smooth road for any of us; and in the bracing atmosphere of a high aim the very roughness stimulates the climber to steadier steps, till the legend, over steep ways to the stars, fulfils itself.'


Most people think of music as being an artistic form of communication incorporating instrumental and vocal tones, but music is more than that. In fact “music expresses that which cannot be put into words and cannot remain silent,” (Victor Hugo).

Music is somewhere where you can escape to if you are ever feeling down or upset, or even if you feel happy. Music is played everywhere. Happy places and sad places. Parties and funerals. To listen to music is to remember people, moments, words, events. One secular song can instantly take you back to a moment or place or even a person. No matter what else has changed in you or the world, that one song remains the same, just like that moment.

In fact, I think song writers are sort of brave and inspirational. They write songs which are mostly inspired by their life. Once the song is produced and published for people all over the world to hear, everyone related to them in their own individual way. John Lennon, a song writer and singer, once said that "music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it.” Song writers simply write to share their ideas in a musically composed way. They share their ideas to help people get through the day.

Despite what you go through, there is always one good thing about music...
"when it hits you, you feel no pain.” (Bob Marley)