Struggles | Teen Ink

Struggles

At this moment there are approximately 6,470,818,671 people in the world. It’s a big number, right? Out of these 6,470,818,671 people, some are running home scared, some are coming home from a day out, some are telling lies to make it through the day. Others are facing the truth. Some are evil men, at war with good, and some are good, struggling with evil. There are over six billion people in the world, and all we need is our friends.

Friends are special people. The people in your life that just come and go, well they aren’t your true friends; they are friends of the time. The people in your life that stay with you through good times and bad times, well they’re your friends. They will help you get through every struggle despite any negative history.

Ever get that feeling that when you are struggling, you are the only person who matters in the world? I do, but I know I’m wrong. I have learnt that when I am struggling with something, I should look at the people around me because every person is struggling with something and to them it is just as hard as what i’m going through.

Most people are lucky to have friends and family who are there for them if they need help or are upset. Some people don’t. Not everybody has a good friend or a loving family member. So next time you are struggling, think of the others around you.