Are YOU a hero? | Teen Ink

Are YOU a hero?

That small, white plastic guitar with no strings nor a pick lies in almost every living room in America. Guitar Hero has become madly popular in America since it was first released on April 7, 2006. From young kids who for some reason are amazing to adults who don't quite get it, everybody is addicted.

You play the game by pressing the "fret" buttons on the neck of a plastic replica guitar as notes scroll down an assembly line on the screen. You can use the whammy bar to create your own custom sound, or unleash Star power to crank up your score. Guitar Hero is filled with tunes ranging from Black Sabbath's "Iron Man" to Rise Against's "Prayer of a Refugee".

But what makes Guitar Hero so dang popular? Almost everybody has played the game at least once, and after that one time you can't get enough! Watching the notes scroll down your screen, you become mesmerized, not even noticing your fingers moving. They have a mind of their own, and the beat of the song dances through your ears. In that four minute period of time, you are a rock star, jamming at a concert in Stonehenge. Well, that is, unless you play Free bird. Then you are a rock star for practically a year.

If you have never picked up the plastic controller of any Guitar Hero game, you are missing out! I suggest you find a friend that owns it, or stop by your nearest electronic store (most have it out for the public), or even buy the game and crank out some tunes. During those couple of minutes you play, you will be a true, Guitar Hero.

lolo32 said...
on Aug. 29 2008 at 3:23 am
renee you are truley amazing!! this is the best dag gone article i have ever read by a 15 year old!!!