Kate Brain | Teen Ink

Kate Brain

By kellydog10 GOLD, Hawthorn Woods, Illinois
kellydog10 GOLD, Hawthorn Woods, Illinois

Kieran Scott, also by her pen name Kate Brain, was born March 11, 1974 in Montvale, New Jersey. She is a well-known American author, and is best known for her intriguing work in the young adult, fiction genre. Kieran graduated from Pascack Hills High School and attended college at Rutgers University, majoring in English and Journalism. Before starting her extremely successful career as a writer, Kieran Scott was an editor for four years. Then, when she finally recognized her calling to be an author, she started publishing books under her real name, Kieran Scott. This includes interesting works such as: Jingle Boy and I Was a Non-Blonde Cheerleader. Soon after, she adapted her pen name “Kate Brain” and begun writing the popular Private series 2006. Soon after, she began to write the Privilege novels as an extension to her popular Private novels. If you want to find out who she truly is, all you have to do is look at one of her bulletin boards. “They’re perfect for collecting all the fun memorabilia I might otherwise toss in the trash, and they reflect the person I am at that given moment in time,” she said once in an interview.