Promises are made to be Broken

I was sitting in the living room chair , watching I Carly. The next thing I hear is an engine revving up in the back yard. I looked out the window and my Dad is doing donuts in the back yard with my mom`s blazer.
That morning my dad promised that he would not drink when he went to work that day. After my dad got done doing donuts he came inside with a beer in his hand. I started crying I was so hurt inside. And I don’t think he cares. I went up to him, and said why and the heck is you drinking!? You promised me, “you liar!” Then he said with a mean, depressing look in his eyes, Karly “promises are made to be broken,”

I was hurting so bad inside, and so was my family. I don’t even think he cares. I could barely even look at my dad that morning. I went up to him, tears wanting to come out of my eyes. “Do you even care how the family and I care? He said “I’m sorry,” I knew he was not. Cause this has happened so many times.
My dad has been sober for almost a year now. After all this happened my parents finally split up. They are getting divorced now to this day. I am proud of my dad though. He finally changed his life around. He is being an amazing father.

Karly