Promises are made to be Broken | Teen Ink

Promises are made to be Broken

By Karly BRONZE, Fair Grove, Missouri
Karly BRONZE, Fair Grove, Missouri

Forget and forgive because remember you only have one life to live.

I was sitting in the living room chair , watching I Carly. The next thing I hear is an engine revving up in the back yard. I looked out the window and my Dad is doing donuts in the back yard with my mom`s blazer.
That morning my dad promised that he would not drink when he went to work that day. After my dad got done doing donuts he came inside with a beer in his hand. I started crying I was so hurt inside. And I don’t think he cares. I went up to him, and said why and the heck is you drinking!? You promised me, “you liar!” Then he said with a mean, depressing look in his eyes, Karly “promises are made to be broken,”

I was hurting so bad inside, and so was my family. I don’t even think he cares. I could barely even look at my dad that morning. I went up to him, tears wanting to come out of my eyes. “Do you even care how the family and I care? He said “I’m sorry,” I knew he was not. Cause this has happened so many times.
My dad has been sober for almost a year now. After all this happened my parents finally split up. They are getting divorced now to this day. I am proud of my dad though. He finally changed his life around. He is being an amazing father.

Karly

My old life:/