More Than Just One | Teen Ink

More Than Just One

I'm more than one person. I'm more than two. I change every day. People notice it but I don't care what other people think. I am who I want to be and I haven't decided on one just yet. I’m told to be myself but I am

One day, I'm wearing strange dark clothes and a lot of black make-up. My nails are black and I listen to loud music that my parents hate. I don't have a good reputation at school among people and my parents and I don't always agree. I only have a couple true friends and I have a diary that knows my every last secret.

On another day, I wear pinks and yellows. I’ll have on Aeropostale clothes. Girls complement me on my hair and my dressy high heels and I’ll even wear a skirt. I talk to everyone and I’m always in a good mood.

The next day, I’ll wear a long multi-colored skirt or ripped jeans. No shoes, my hair in braids and long vintage necklaces. I’m your modern day hippie as my friends call me.

And last but not least, I’m wearing a Dixie Outfitters t-shirt, blue jeans, and my Justin boots. People say that I’m not “country” but if they knew how I was raised, they would think differently. I’m up for an adventure and I’ll do anything crazy and anything that I’ll get dirty doing.

I’m still young so I have the chance to explore what I want to do. I enjoy my right to do that. I love being different people because my true friends accept me every way. They give me their true opinion on how they like me best.