Why I am an American Patrio | Teen Ink

Why I am an American Patrio

Why I am an American Patriot.
“Patriotism is voluntary. It is a feeling of loyalty and allegiance that is the result of knowledge and belief. A patriot shows their patriotism through their actions, by their choice.”- Jesse Ventura. Patriotism is not something you are forced to do, but you do willingly to help others. That is what I believe patriotism is all about.
While I may not be going out into battle ready to die for my country and everyone who lives there, I do try to make sure that people around me are safe. If someone needs a helping hand, I try to help out as much as I can. I’m a patriot because once when my mom was sick, my sister and I had to cook for her. We made sure she ate and had everything she needed. Then I made sure that my sister had enough to eat, because I wanted to make sure that they were fed and comfortable before I even ate anything or settled down and relaxed. Patriotism is like a virus: if you come in contact with someone who is patriotic, then you are more likely to act like a patriot and help someone else out, while someone who never even witnessed a patriotic act won’t help people out.
Anyone could be an American patriot if they just are kind to others and lend a helping hand. I am a patriot because, a few summers ago there was a community activity going on, so I joined in. We went to the back of the neighborhood and planted row after row of saplings, to help our environment which would in turn help the people on earth! It looked like a small army of saplings all lined up and ready for battle.
That is why patriots, to me, are people who just help others and would fight for their lives and safety no matter what happens! It is not something you are forced to do, but something you do willingly in order to help the people around you!! I put others needs before my own and make sure that they are happy. This makes me a true American patriot of the 21st century.

This will certify that the above work is completely original.