The Internet Miracle | Teen Ink

The Internet Miracle

Most of you must have heard of the web—Youtube. It is a video sharing web that allows viewers to upload and view video clips. Founded by Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim in Feburary 2005 and officially opened to the public in November 2005, an internet miracle is created.

In merely eight months, Youtube became one of the top 10 most popular sites;also it is now one of the fastest-running sites on the World Wide Web. Daily, 100 million video clips are viewed and 65000 new clips are uploaded. Having almost 20 miollion visitors every month, Youtube is certainly an essential for people worldwide, especially teenagers. This all started with a garage and a dream.

In 2005, Chen, Hurley, and Karim had an idea. They wanted a site that offers extensive memories for people to trade funny videos. Their concept soon became a plan. Chen and Karim, who studied computer science, together created the domain “Youtube” in a garage. With investments from the Sequoia Capital, the popularity and growth of Youtube extended in just a few months.

Of course, Youtube had faced conflicts that could damage the web. When NBC and CBS demanded to remove their copyrighted content from the site, Youtube was standing at the edge of a cliff. The lawsuit was supposed to bring damage, but, instead, great publicity took its place. With that, Youtube became conspicuous to a lot of major companies. Unexpectedly, the crisis brought Youtube status and money. Now, Google has aquired Youtube with US$1.65 billiion. The three unbelievable founders has taken an initial step toward their dream.

In the bursting of the internet bubbles, Youtube—fought with all its strength—unbelievably created a bright path. It also kindled a spark of hope inside our, people of the new era ,hearts. When facing a conflict or a setback—whether in school, business, or even marriage—we should never draw back. I believe, instead, we should take a step forward and solve the problem dilligently, like what the Youtube founders did. It is not hard or impossible, as what the chinese probverb said “if your heart thinks it’s not hard, it will not be hard”.
I also strongly believe that there is no such word “impossible”. It all depends on how much effort and commitment you are willing to put into your goal. The idem statement have been proved by the succestion of Youtube. Take the word “impossible”—“i” is for “I”; “m”stands for “make”;and “possible” reamains as “possible”. I Make Possible. Possibilities are all made by man. Chen, Hurley, and Karim made possible. You can make possible also. Just believe in your dreams. If you don’t make it, no one will, like what Anatole France quoted, ”To accomplish great things, we must dream as well as act.”