Barbies | Teen Ink

Barbies

October 31, 2007
By Anonymous

When I was little girl, I loved to play with Barbie dolls. I would get Barbies for gifts for birthdays, Christmas, and Easter. Every time Mom and I would go to K- Mart and pass the toy aisle, I would have to stop and look at the Barbies. I would always try to convince my Mom that I needed a new Barbie doll.

I would just be amazed by all the glimmer an glitter effects. The Barbies were so perfect, there was nothing wrong with them. They have that Hollywood smile that everyone wants. They also had their make-up perfectly and permanently done.

Their hair is always perfectly done with a perfect curl at the end like the Stepford Wives. The Barbie's bodies were so fit like after spending a week at the gym.

The Barbies were always dressed to impress. You can pick out the coolest clothes for the Barbies. The clothes would have a lot of glitter on them like going into Dolly Parton's closet. The clothes always seem to have some amount of pink on them.

As the years went by, Barbie was becoming the all American woman, from being a WNBA basketball player to a life saving firefighter to a heart surgeon doctor. Barbie was trying to do all the jobs that people do in the world. They also made a Barbie from every part of the country like tan surfer from Florida to a snow bunny from Colorado. There are Barbies from different cultures.

My sister and I would play with our Barbies on our living room floor. We would take different sides of the room and create our own Barbie town. After spending hours creating our town, then we would judge the other one's town. There always seemed to have anger and teary eyes after judging got over with. But we always had fun playing with our Barbies.