My Life | Teen Ink

My Life

October 26, 2007
By Anonymous

It all started when I was a young girl. My dad was an alcoholic, and my mom worked two jobs just so that she could provide food and shelter for our family. I don’t remember when it started but I was molested as a child.
My dad would come home late at night drunk. I could hear him swearing and stumbling over things in the living room. I was scared because I knew what was coming next. He was going to hurt me. I would cover myself up with a blanket and pretend I was sleeping. I was hoping that if I pretended to be sleeping that he would leave me alone, but that didn’t stop him.
I heard him stomping up the stairs. BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! He would come into my room and get into my bed. He would start touching me and would tell me to touch him.






I cry “no” and “Daddy stop it.
"You know you like it” he would whisper.
“Please daddy leave me alone” I would yell
He would then cover my mouth so my mom couldn’t hear me screaming.
“I hate you” I would Uh-oh I said the wrong thing.
He would take off his belt, and he would hit me with it.






“Ouch, dad that hurts.” I would cry.
“Please stop.” I would sob.
“Don’t tell anybody or I’ll kill you” my dad would say.
I would always hide the cuts and bruises. If someone asked me what happened I would say “I fell.”
I was scared to tell anybody what happened because I was afraid no one would believe me, or worse I was afraid of loosing my life.
I didn’t start t telling anybody about my abuse until October of 2007.
I am stronger person because what happened in my past, and I will fight for people who were abused. I will stand up to anyone who has the guts to hurt little children.
I am now ready to stand up to my dad and let him know that what he did to me was wrong, and he deserves what he has coming for him. I want to share my story with others, when others read my story they won’t be afraid to share theirs.
My dad went to prison last year for molesting my little sister. He has fifteen years.
I wish that I would have opened up sooner about what happened in my past, then maybe he wouldn’t have had the chance to hurt anyone else, I didn’t though, and now I am talking about what happened. When I’m done with him he won’t be able to get close to another child. I am now talking to people and sharing my story so that I can get it off my chest.
I want to let those out there who have been in similar situations, to know that they can share their stories too. Get the help you need by telling someone what happened to you. I know it might be hard but it is worth it in the long run. I know from experience that people out there care about you and want to help you. To be able to tell others what happened in your past, you have to have faith in yourself. I have faith that you can stand up to the person who hurt you. You just have to let them know whose boss. Share your stories your stories with others.
I hope that my story touches many people’s lives, and that it also makes a difference.
To be honest I had second thoughts about writing this story, but then I came to the conclusion that I can’t help anybody unless I share my story with them first. So here I am as strong as I’ll ever be, ready to share my past abuse with thousands, maybe even millions of people.
Thanks for reading my story. I hope that it helped you.