Typical | Teen Ink

Typical

I am a typical teenage girl. I live in a four bedroom house in the suburbs. My hair is golden from the sun and I am often called a “dumb blonde”. Sometimes people need to explain jokes to me a couple times before I get the concept. I receive average grades and think math a gift from the devil, but it's okay. I go to school every weekday and I count down until the weekend finally arrives. Attending football games is my favorite way to spend a cool, autumn, Friday night. I love spending time with my friends every day. I could eat Chipotle every day if the opportunity was given to me. I would love to travel the world someday, and see kangaroos in beautiful Australia and the clear water of Grand Cayman. I am friendly to everyone, yet on the inside I feel self conscious and sensitive about everything. Is that okay that I am constantly wondering what others think of me, and if my parents are proud of me? It really upsets me when I find out others do not like me, and I try to make them change their mind about me. I do not want to let them down. It’s okay. I despise taking tests; my nerves always get the best of me, no matter how well I know the material. I miss my sister, who lives in California, and I wish I would have spent more time with her before she left ten months ago. It will be okay. Going to the Dave Matthews Band a couple months ago was one of the coolest experiences of my life. I loved hearing one of my favorite bands and being around thousands of people who love their music as much as I do. My worst fear is that I do not live up to my potential, and I end up being unhappy in a couple decades. I want to be