What is Love? | Teen Ink

What is Love?

January 3, 2008
By Anonymous

It's what everyone wants so badly it hurts, but yet what everyone fears the most.

It has the capability to melt your heart, but at the same time, can break it with the cruelest of intentions at the drop of a hat.

To me it's something that lies so deeply within that it's origins are unknown, and it has the power to make you the happiest you've ever been while in a matter of seconds, can crush every part of your being.

People tell me i don't know what love is and that i'm too young to understand it.

I know that love is something precious, mysterious, not to be taken for granted, and not a term to be thrown around loosely. When you say that you love someone; mean it.

Love. It's what you feel for someone so deeply it hurts. It's when you let down your guard and give a little piece of your heart to that person. It's the "can't eat, can't sleep" feeling that overtakes your body entirely. It's constantly thinking about that person, and never letting them leave your mind. or more importantly, your heart.

Love knows no age, race, skin color, or religion. I've come to know it as something that lies within the hearts of each and every person. It is up to you to decide who is worth the taking the risk; the risk to love.