Trust | Teen Ink

Trust

December 14, 2007
By Anonymous

I believe in many things. I believe in forgiving no matter what. I believe in trying your best at whatever life throws at you. But one of the most important things that I believe in is this: I believe in doing what’s right. You may not get awarded for it, but the feeling that you get inside is absolutely priceless. When you know something is wrong, but you do it anyways all you wind up with is just getting in trouble or feeling guilty for the rest of your life. You may even lose the trust from your friends and family, and that’s not good. Lose the trust, and you’ll end up in a ditch.





I’m in Target’s parking lot. I’ve just bought the shirt I’ve always wanted. I walk towards my car. As I am walking along (bugging my brothers), I come across a medium sized black lump. I look around. Nobody in sight. I bend over to identify the unknown object. What I discover is unbelievable. A wallet. I look around again, nobody. I pick it up, thinking to myself, what should I do? I figured that if I took it, I’ll get some extra cash. But then I think, what about the owner of the wallet? I made my decision. I headed towards Target. Handing it to the Target employees, I got a wonderful feeling you can’t replace by anything else. I did the right thing.





Not too long ago, my mom told me a story. It goes like this:



This old woman was driving her car. She was still a ways from home when she got a flat tire on the front left side. She had no idea how to fix it. After all, she was an old woman. Quite a rich one actually. She sits there wondering of what she should do. Meanwhile a car pulls over behind her car. Out comes this younger man. She gets scared wondering, am I going to get robbed? She rolls up the windows and locks her car doors. As the man approaches her he sees her frightened face. He starts yelling at her saying























“I’m only here to help! My name is Bob Banks!! I am not going to rob you!!” the woman wonders if should trust she him. He looked like a kind man. She rolls down her window. “You can stay in the car if you’d like, just pop up the trunk door, so I can get the tools I need to fix that tire of yours.” The old woman pops the trunk open. The man does his work. He fixes the problem, though it was a tough one. He starts walking towards his car to leave. The woman is so happy that she wanted to pay him somehow.



“Do you want any money? I could pay you!” The man replies






“No thank you.” The woman insists, after all Bob Banks did save her from a difficult problem. “There has to be away to pay you!”


The man says “ok, if you want to pay me do this: when you see someone, anyone, in need of your help, help them in all ways possible.” So the man drove off and so did the woman. Suddenly the woman was hungry. She
decided to stop by a restaurant. She was half way done eating when she overheard a conversation between her waitress and her friend.

“I don’t know how I’m going to pay the bills and the rent this month...” the waitress said. The old woman saw that the waitress had bags under her eyes and that she looked tired. The old woman left with a 500 dollar tip on her table. She went on her long way home, feeling great.


Meanwhile, the waitress went home to her sleeping husband. “Hey guess what Bob Banks, we can pay our bills and our rent!”


Bob Banks did something right and didn’t accept a reward. But he got one anyways without his intention. The first story, though I didn’t get any reward. And that is perfectly fine with me.







“Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, In all the places you can, as long as you ever can” -John Wesley

























When and if you see a person doing wrong, correct them. They’ll thank you later. Maybe not in words but they’ll thank you. It doesn’t matter if their doing something wrong like a lie, or something as bad as stealing. Tell them what’s right, and you just did what’s right.
“Reputation is who you are when people are looking, character is who you are when people aren’t looking.-”unknown.