Pumped Up | Teen Ink

Pumped Up

I love the pumped up feeling that you get when you slam the ball down over the net and score. I love it when I set the ball to one of my teammates and they hit the ball over and score. When the crowd starts cheering it makes me feel like I did something amazing. It really gets my adrenaline running. Volleyball keeps me away from recreational drugs. Volleyball is my natural high.

When I get mad I go out side and bump the volleyball around. It calms me down and gets me thinking about things I need to think about. One day I hope to be a professional volleyball player. I hope I can still feel the excitement when we win a game. I hope I will still feel my heart stop then start again but faster when I think we might miss a hit. If I decide to go professional I still want to know that I don’t need drugs to help me feel on top of the world.

Volleyball motivates me in so many ways not to do drugs. If I really think about it I realize that I don’t want to waste all of that sweaty time I spent in the gym on drugs. I don’t want to spend the rest of my life knowing I could have been a professional volleyball player and had I stayed away from drugs. I love volleyball and don’t want to give it up for drugs.