According to an English Psychologist... | Teen Ink

According to an English Psychologist...

November 25, 2007
By Anonymous

According to an English psychologist by the name of Sir Francis Galton, we as humans remember more from our childhood and teenage years because that is when our brain is working best and because we know that there is less of a chance for something similar to happen again.
Maybe that is why I remember so much about you.
Maybe that is why I remember so much about everything even though I only focus on memories pertaining to you and your entire existance.

According to the "law of forgetting" we forget everything shortly after it enters our brain.
I am never going to forget you.
I will never forget your touch, your eyes, the familiar feeling of your bed.
I will never forget the time you let me wear your mom's slippers, or the time I sat on the couch in your basement trying to learn polish out of a book so that I could talk to your parents.
I will never forget your mom telling me I have pretty hair, but with motions instead of words.
The law of forgetting will never apply to this aspect of my life.

Galton found that as we get older, we remember less and less.
Not old enough where it's due to old age, but just old enough where your memories aren't as exiciting as they used to be.

These are the years for memories.
These are the years to create good memories because these are the years that will forever be engraved into our minds.