There is Always a Simple Answer | Teen Ink

There is Always a Simple Answer

There is always a simple answer to a complicated question. There is always an easy way out. Everyone has these answers, and all of us get to choose to take it easy. How ever, sometimes the simple answers get us no where, and the easy way out causes more trouble in the long run. Our society knows this. We have seen it, been a part of it and we deal with it every day. Yet, we are and take-the-easy-road country.

Ever since I was little, I have had high ambitions. I have never let anyone ground them. From the time I started planning my life out, I have always known there would be no easy way out. I have no problem with is. In fact, I don’t think I ever did. I do not want an easy way out. I want to work myself as hard as I can, so in the end, I can say I did my best, whether it was spectacular or not.

To be honest, I have no clue what my high ambitions are. I have them, but I have so many decisions to make, I do not want to make them. Not because I hate making decisions, but because everything I am trying to decide is like crossing out or deleting something I love.

I am a writer. I am a singer. I am an artist, musician, apologist, and reader. More importantly, though, I am a daughter and a human. Hopefully, some day I will be a mother. I will still be a human. As I do not recycle, or have an energy efficient home, I don’t eat left-over food and I use the spray cans that some say harm the environment, such as hairspray. I do, however, want the world and the people in it to be all they can be. I am going to live up to that. I am everything I want to be. I will continue to be everything I want, pushing for more. If I was unhappy with myself, I would do something about it. Knowing that I can not change right away, and that some things take time, I never discourage myself.

I know what my capabilities are. I know where I can go in life. I know where I can not go at this point.

To be honest, I am not ready for college. Even more truth to tell, I was never ready for high school. I am a down to earth individual, and I would rather stay at home and clean and skip school to study for a test all day, to make it up the next to know I pass it, no matter how sure I am of knowing the subject. I am often too busy to get the right amount of sleep. But, I am always ready to get up in the morning and go to school, or church, no matter how early.

Back to those decisions, I can not make decisions for you, what ever you decide about me, how you would like to judge me or what it is about me that will or will not make it any where. But I can tell you this: My ambitions are high, and I will allow no one to ground them.