My Grandpa (1927-1997)

My grandpa loved to farm. It was 1927. My grandpa was born to his nice parents he grew up not around the area where he lived. When he was 18 he joined the military and was in the military for about 14 years. He had been to Vietnam, and many other places. After leaving the military after many years with it. He became a farmer and that is about 10 to 15 years before I was born he had…cattle, horses, goats, chickens, dogs, cats, and pretty much anything you can think of. I was born in 1993 and I was proud when I was little I always went to my grandma and grandpa’s every day. And one day he was out farming and cam in and sat down at the table and said I am tired so after he ate he went to take a nap and he never woke up until I woke him up by screaming and that is always how I woke him up and he didn’t care. Then it was 1997 and he came in from working and he was to tired to eat he went and took a nap and when I screamed he never woke up and that is how my grandpa died. I never got to see him again.

Gettysburg63 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
That's really weird because my grandpa was also born in 1927 and he also served in the military. He was stationed at Pearl Harbor in 1945. I never really knew him because he was born in 1926 and died in 1998. He worked at a tractor factory called Allis Chalmers. I was also born in 1993.