What Matters to Me! | Teen Ink

What Matters to Me!

Laura is my best friend in the whole world. She was born on November 28. We both have the same birthday and close to the same time. Our birthdays are coming up and we are pretty excited. I don’t know what to get her, and she doesn’t know what to get me.

I think I might get her a pop and some candy. It’s something simple. I also might decorate her locker even those that’s kind of weird for a guy to do that. Laura has known me since 6th grade and we have been best friends ever since. We have never really had a fight before (which is a good thing.) I hope to be her best friend for ever. She knows me really well and I know her really well and I tell her just about everything.

We have certain people we hang out with and its kind of weird for me because I’m the only guy in the group. There are about five people originally but more people are starting to join. This is a good thing so we have more people to hang out with. We are in high school now and it is way different than middle school.

High school is a scary place. We don’t have as many classes together now, so we don’t see each other as much. We still get to talk in the halls and everything. High school is more fun than middle school because there is more freedom. Its fun getting to hang out in the hallways before school starts with her, so we can talk about what we did that last night.

Laura is a very cool person and loves just about anyone that’s friendly. It helps when she in good moods because then we get along a lot better and she’s not so crabby. I don’t know what I would ever do with out her. If she were to move I think I would have to move to that same school because she’s my best friend and I would worry about her.

I hope even when were out of school we keep in touch because that way we can still be best friends. Even all the other people in our group I hope we stay in touch because it’s cool to have a best friend out of school. I could never get mad at Laura because she so nice and has never done anything mean to me. So Laura and me will always be best friends and never forget each other. Laura is the best friend in the whole wide world.