Love Hurts | Teen Ink

Love Hurts

November 10, 2007
By Anonymous

"Love is extravagant in the price it is willing to pay, the time it is willing to give, the hardships it is willing to endure, and the strength it is willing to spend," quotes Joni Eareckson Tada.

Ever lost a best friend? Ever been hurt and lied to? Ever been in love before? “Yes, Yes, Yes." The love of my life, Weldon, who was also my best friend, ripped my heart to pieces. Why do people think lying or stretching the truth is okay? It hurts people.

The past two weeks, I have been living in lies. "What didn't you lie to me about," I asked Weldon. "When I told you I loved you, I meant it," replied Weldon.

"A loving relationship is a wanting to celebrate, communicate, and know another's heart and soul," quotes Leo F. Buscagia. How could I get to know your heart and soul if all you were doing was lying to me? Since when are best friends supposed to lie to each other? Since when does love hurt? I lost my best friend. I lost the love of my life. I lost my friend.

What do I do know? Move on? How? The past ten months I spent my every second with you. Remember those times? Remember the times we stayed up hours and hours talking on the phone? Remember the times that you were honest to me? The good times?

I have told you everything! I spilled out my life story to you. I told you my problems, my dreams, and my fears. Does that even matter to you? I told you from the first day we met that the most important thing in a relationship is honesty. Did that not matter to you? I loved you. I am "in" love with you. And now I am expected to just move on and quit talking to you. Is that supposed to be easy?