Losing Him | Teen Ink

Losing Him

When my dad was thirteen he got hit by a car and the car had so much impact that

caused him to have permanent scar tissue on his brain-lobe which caused him to have

continuous seizures.

When I was ten years old I had to grow up and learn to help out a lot more around

the house then most ten year olds. I remember two of my younger cousins and one older

cousin slept over. My older cousin and my dad were out partying all night. They came

home around 4:00 a.m.. The next morning my older cousin came out in the living room

and said that my dad was having a seizure. My mom hurried up and called 911 while

I was getting my little cousins out of the house. I thought that I was going to have a heart

attack even though my dad had seizures many times before. When the paramedics got to

my house, he was out of control. It was the worst I have ever seen him. A few minutes

after they got there they got him under control. So I went back into my house and called

my little cousins parents to have them get picked up. After they got picked up I went to

see if my dad was okay. He was all red and was coughing really bad. I hugged him and

told him I loved him.

He started to have a pain in his left shoulder and insisted the pain was from when

he fell during his seizure. He said he was very tired and needed to sleep and went to bed.

So I sat on the couch and started to watch T.V. Shortly after, my mom went to check on

my dad and tried to wake him up and he wouldn’t wake up. So I walked in the room to

try to get him up and he was all blue. I hurried up and got my grandpa and my two

uncles while my mom called 911 again. They told my uncles to do CPR and a few other

things like that until the ambulance arrived. That did not work. A few minutes later the

ambulance showed up along with police officers and a doctor. They took him away in the

ambulance. I was crying hysterical and so was my mom. We could have cried a huge

river. I went to my cousin’s house to get it off my mind. I went for a walk and went

swimming while I was there.

A few hours later my mom picked me up and told me he didn’t make it and that

he had a massive heart attack while he was sleeping. I was so sad and mad. I was

wondering how life would be without him. I was so angry I felt like punching the glass

and breaking it. Now I know that you should always love the people around you and the

people that want to love you. You should never hold a grudge over somebody because

someday something might happen and you will feel really bad that you never get to say sorry.