DREAMS! | Teen Ink

DREAMS!

By Allie12 BRONZE, North Tonawanda, New York
Allie12 BRONZE, North Tonawanda, New York

Without dreams we’re nothing… Everyone’s heard that before, but it’s the truth. Dreams keep us motivated and focused on our futures. It may sound somewhat modest, but personally, I thrive on dreams. A lot of people do, we just choose not to acknowledge it because it sounds so unpretentious. From the moment I wake up in the morning to the second I shut my eyes at night, my thoughts race about the future. Who will I be? Where will I be? And how am I going to get there? No one can answer these questions, not even yourself. But you can take steps to get close to where you want to be. As students, we try our best to make our dreams more realistic by studying and exploring new ideas. Your dreams reflect who you are. You may be one who desires fortune and wealth, or someone who wishes to travel and see the world instead of caring about money. Whoever you are, you dream, and those dreams take you farther than you think. I dream to be successful and happy, yet comfortable… these are popular motives, but only realistic to some.

Dreamers often visualize themselves in their picture perfect world. I dream about the beach a lot, and living in a big house with a husband and kids. That’s my idealistic future, well for the most part. But what happens when we dream up things that could never come true? That’s where your imagination comes in. It’s healthy to have a creative side that allows you to want to do the impossible. Most dreams are made up of unrealistic thoughts that are pieced together, forming your dream world. We’re all guilty of fantasizing about wild things that we know will never happen, like learning how to fly or becoming the world’s most popular celebrity. It’s nice to dream, but most of what we desire will never really come true.
As we grow, so do our minds. My father used to say “The mind is a terrible thing”, jokingly of course. He was always a dreamer, someone who thought a lot about what could be. Needless to say, most of his dreams actually came true. Our minds are only terrible because we come up with these aspirations that fuel our imaginations, but come to find that only a small portion of them come true. For most of us, the chances of becoming what we imagine to become are slim. But that shouldn’t stop anyone from continuing to dream. Sometimes all we have are dreams, and often times that’ good enough.

As individuals with growing minds, we tend to dream a lot. Whether we’re conscious or not, our brains decide when we dream, it’s not always intentional. Every time we sleep, we experience the magic of dreaming. It’s something we all do that helps us think positively about our futures. When our minds take us beyond reality, we begin to expand our horizons in life. It’s like the world stands still, like nothing could compare. Our dreams often times become our realities, and sometimes take over our lives. Dreams that come true are like miracles, you hope for them, but they’re rare. Although, the more we hope, the less rare they seem. It’s important to know how significant dreams are to us… without them, we really are nothing. So remember to dream and even if they seem unrealistic, keep dreaming.

Dream speach! we all dream, so be inlightend with my peice!