My Outside Story

I look up at the sky that reminds me so much of a quilt, a quilt all covered in gray with only patches of blue. Wind rustles all around me sending a quiver through the ever so colorful tree by my side, as the wind continues to blow showing me its power, droplets of rain slide off the multi colored leafs at a molasses speed hitting me. I gaze at my surroundings, mini trees every few feet apart line the walls that hold me in and keep me safe. Birds chirp, girls sing, bee's buzzing, leafs are scattered on the light green grassy ground. The sun is an illuminating glow that peeks out from behind the clouds every few moments. The wind blows again this time instead of droplets of water that fall a small gray and white feather lands before me. My face lighting up as it does so. I gently pick up delicate object, I feel how soft it is in my hands reminding me of how a kitten feels when you hold it. Admiring the feather I wonder how can such a small piece of life, such a small piece of nature, make me feel so happy.