Homecoming Queen | Teen Ink

Homecoming Queen

Let me formally introduce you to your South Dade Senior High School 2007 Homecoming Queen. Me! Yes I finally won something at this school. But I didn’t forget every single person that voted for me. I am the winner because of your votes, and I simply couldn’t do it without you.
I have always wanted to be able to win something that I have run for at my school, but I just couldn’t get people to vote in favor of me, to give me a chance to hold a leadership position in this very diverse school.
Just a recap of the things I have run for: Senior Board President, Student Government Activities Director, and President in at least one club, cutest couple, and sophomore and junior princess.
Although I tried to win, I just couldn’t. I was very distraught and heartbroken, but I told myself I would never give up no matter what.
At that moment at the Homecoming Game, when Mr. Steenoff called my name, my emotions quickly changed from fright to shock. I just couldn’t control my happiness. Winning Homecoming was a dream come true for me because not only did I work hard on my campaign, but also it was my last chance (in my eyes) at redeeming myself from failure.
Now that I have my crown I feel like sometimes you just have to wait patiently for something, but if you never give up, you will achieve your heart’s desire.
But I didn’t win by myself, I won with my boyfriend Kevin Mack, and that made it even better knowing that as a couple we won together, and it took our mind off of the loss against Killan.
I have never let anything intimidate me and have always continued to compete, and it paid off and now I can say that I am Proud to be South Dade 2007 Homecoming Queen!