Description Practice This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Mixes of green, pink, and white flowers were painted on the shade. The slight curve of it had them widened out until it spread to the brim at the top and bottom. The background that was white corresponded immaculately with the pink base. Its shape was arched smoothly; similar to a beautiful woman from Africa with an infallible body figure. The neck grew smaller under the bulb that shone a light so dim. The light casted shadows on everything it touched. It fell over a small alarm clock, a cutesy picture frame, and soft brown colored braid that sloped off the side of the nearby bed. Up the braid was a pink hair tie. Under that was a small face whose eyes were closed and its little chest expanding and shrinking. A set of older lips landed on the forehead followed by a charismatic hand sweetly touching the chubby cheek. The hand then moved to the lamp on the end table and switched the button. Immediately the light was gone, wiping all shadows away. It sat there as the other source of hallway light faded, leaving it alone with a little girl asleep in the bed, tired from a day of play. It sat, quietly, waiting for the next night that it would be needed.