Second Chances | Teen Ink

Second Chances

Have you ever had someone who gave you another chance to do something? Have you ever forgiven someone for doing something wrong? Well I have because I think it’s the right thing to do. I believe that everyone deserves a second chance.
I was sitting in my brother’s room looking for a play station game to play. “Oops I broke it”. I got so scared because it was a brand new game. Also it was grants game he has wanted for like ever yikes. I knew I was in for it Grant came in the room and went off on me. He yelled for my mom and told her what I did. I tried to explain but she just kept yelling. Telling me how much trouble I was in. I finally got the chance to explain and I told them it was an accident and that I didn’t know the games were so fragile. I was young then I didn’t know what was wrong and what was right and that lying was bad. But thankfully my brother gave me a second chance at being in his room why he wasn’t there and playing the play station.
I never did think one of my best friends would ever do such a thing to me. Well my friend Haley did the thing I never thought would happen to me but it did. She told a girl that I have never meet in my whole life a secret I have never told anyone before. I was thinking why is it any of this girls business anyways. The next thing I know some girl came up to me and was like “You’re stupid you need to learn how to trust people”. I was thinking who is she and how does she know, I have trust issues, and then it hit me it was that girl Haley told. I talked to Haley about the incident and she told me the truth she did tell that girl about my secret. I really didn’t want to be mad at her forever or ruin a friendship over a little incident about that. So I gave her another chance at trusting her.
I would have to say this is one of the stupidest thing I have ever done before. It was spring break and I was in the 6th grade. My parents let me stay the night with one of my friend’s house for a couple of nights. So she decided for both of us we were going to sneak out of the house to meet a couple of friends. So I went along with it because I was stupid. So when the time came to sneak out the only way was the front door. So we went outside and stupid I not thinking slammed the door. So we got caught, her parents called my mom she told her what happen and my mom rushed over. “Yikes I’m in big trouble now”. My mom didn’t ask me any questions in the car ride home. My parents didn’t talk to me that night because it was like 3 o’clock in the morning. So they waited till the next morning to talk to me. I was sacred to death that they were going to kill me but thankfully they weren’t really that mad. They were just like “if you ever do something like that again I will never trust you to go any were anymore” but they forgave me and gave me another chance. Which made me so very happy to earn there trust back.
It’s very important to forgive and give the person another chance. That’s what I would do but I know all of you don’t believe in that. But I do and that’s all that matters. I haven’t ever disobeyed my parents ever since that one day because I know that I will never get another chance at there trust.