This I Believe | Teen Ink

This I Believe

December 13, 2007
By Anonymous

Do you believe that God is your lord and savior or have you ever seen what he has done in some bodies life. He is the number one thing in my life. Every thing that goes on in my life is based on him. I believe that having God in my life is very important.
Nine eleven. Every body has herd or knows about 9/11. That was one of the biggest tragedies in United States history. Well it was an even bigger tragedy for my family and I, that day my pop pop died. He was very ill for about two weeks before and so we went up to go see him. When we got there they said it didn’t look good. I wanted to go see him so bad but they wouldn’t let me. I was terrified that I wouldn’t see him for one last time and I would never be able to see him again. I was so glad that I was able to talk to god and that he was able to comfort me. Then after he died we herd about a plane crash and I thought that it was just a little thing but when we got home from the hospital we found out that it was a big deal. I knew that God was there for me.
God has also helped me in many other ways as well. One other way is when dad suffered a back injury. It all started when we went to Alaska. We did a lot of walking and he had relief when he set down but when he got back he had more and more trouble till finally he had to go on the couch. He was stuck there for a good three months. While he was there I had to do a lot of the dirty work. With Gods help and a lot of praying. We as a family pulled through. I believe that I couldn’t have done it with out Gods help.
God has continued to help me through my journey through life. When I was playing U 10 soccer it was a lot of fun bit after U 10 I had a decision to make. I could either keep playing rec or I could move up to select. I would waist a good 10 hours a week of my free time during the week. So I had a decision to make. I prayed and prayed and talk to God about what to do and he supplied me with the knowledge to go play select soccer. It wasn’t that hard at tryouts. So I thought that I could make the team. Sure enough I made the team and started. I know that God helped me get through it.
So believing in God is important to me. He has helped me through thick and thin and has always pulled through for me. As in soccer having God in your life will help you make smart decisions.