Carnie | Teen Ink

Carnie

Hi, my name is Andrea. My life story is a little wacky. I am born and raised in the carnival business. I like it, but at the same time, I hate some of it. I hate not being able to be with my friends in the summer time. But now, I have a friend in the carnival. So that sort of makes up for it. I love working. Its so much fun, except for when you have to argue with the customers. Working in the Carnival Business has made me a stronger person, because, I have to be strong, and I have to deal with money all the time. We have a bad stereotype. But that doesn't mean that all "Carnies" are dirty, and bad looking. Look at me, I am clean and well-dressed. My whole family is that way. I travel all summer long, so I am usually not home. We have a food trailer, and also 2 games. We serve hamburgers, hot dogs, and french fries, Etc. I have a Trailer, that I live in for about 6 months out of a year. I dont mind living in a Trailer because you have everything you have in a house, just in a compacted space.

I wrote this article, hoping that you would put this in your magazine. I would like this put in your magazine because, I would like to give people a better impression of what a "Carnie" is. I don't consider myself a "Carnie", I consider myself a Independant Concessionaire.