Life In A Nutshell (Or Cardboard Box In This Case) | Teen Ink

Life In A Nutshell (Or Cardboard Box In This Case)

the actual act of packing up to move is so simplistic, and yet since we as humans put so much emotional value on items(because they remind us of worse/better times) it becomes oh so complicated. As I was packing, standing in my old room, removing objects from my shelves, I cam across so many things. Big things... small things... good things... hurtful things... But every single one seemed to remind me. I was not only putting my worldly possessions into cardboard box's for transportation, but I was also reliving some of the most emotional parts of my life.
I found a single charm given to me by the only girl I can say I truly loved with all of my heart.
I found pages of depressing poetry addressed to me from the only person I can truly say I hated with all my being.
Sadly they are one and the same. These are just a few of the things I found. Try packing up some time, just a little clean up really. You'd be amazed at what you'll find. Things you thought lost. Things you thought stolen. Things you never knew you had.

Old stories will burn brightly in your mind.
You'll laugh.
You'll cry.
But most important.

you'll remember.

And in the end. . . that's all that really matters.