I wish... | Teen Ink

I wish...

By turn_it_up(: SILVER, Overland Park, Kansas
turn_it_up(: SILVER, Overland Park, Kansas

I wish life weren't so hard. That if i wanted something, something bad...I could have it. I wouldn't have to work for it. But the world doesn't work that way, no matter how much we want it to. The universe doesn't just hand you things. It hands you opportunities instead. And from those opportunities, you have to work for what you want.
I also wish that everything that was make believe was real. And I wish I had superpowers. Like mind reading. I wish I didn't have to grow up. I wish I were in 3rd grade forever. I wish no one thought that they were better than anybody else. I wish that embarrassment didn't exist. I wish a lot of things.
If life weren't so hard, then I'd have you. If everything fake were real, then you'd be my prince charming. If I had the power to read minds, then I'd only read yours, just to see if you were thinking about me. If we were in 3rd grade forever, you wouldn't have to go to college and you would just play tag with me all day. If no one thought they were better than anybody else, I'd be the only one for you. If embarrassment didn't exist, then I could tell you how I feel about you.
Sadly, there aren't enough 11:11's, birthday candles, eyelashes, or shooting stars for all my wishes.

I just starting writing it...first it was gonna be a poem...but then it just turned into me complaining...whining...whatever. (: