Japan in World War II, Not So Bad?

From 1920-1928 America was in a time of prosper. Everybody partied, and the credit card was invented. People were buying stock off of “margin”, or money they didn’t have so when the stock went up, it had paid off itself. On October 29, 1929 Black Tuesday struck, and everybody with stock on “margin” lost their life savings, including their businesses, which put others out of work. More than 25% of the work force was wiped out into oblivion. Roosevelt’s New Deal helped to get jobs to some people, but still 12 million people needed a job.
When the Blitzkrieg started in 1938, the US started supplying goods to the allies. America did not want to get into the war. On December 7, 1941, Pearl Harbor was attacked by the Japanese. Almost 2500 civilians and soldiers died, pulling us into the war.
About 4,000,000 men enlisted for the army, as well as 1,000,000 women who enlisted as nurses, cooks, and even in parts of the army and air force. People working, and with no job enlisted, causing job openings. New businesses were started to produce goods and advertise the war. The working class grew and America was out of the Great Depression. Had Japan not attacked Pearl Harbor, we might not even be here. Sure, many soldiers died in World War II, but they gave their lives toward a great cause- world peace. Just as many people may have died if we stayed in the depression any longer.