Rebuttal against Obama being a jerk. | Teen Ink

Rebuttal against Obama being a jerk.

In the article, “Who Believes Pres. Obama Is Full of Junk?”, JoCoGirl from Benson, North Carolina states that Obama has done nothing presidential since he was inaugurated. This is not true. Ever since he was inaugurated, he has signed 16 legislations into law. Then, the author says that “He only travels around the world, apologizing for America.” Again, this is invalid. Obama is the No. 1 most foreign travel by first year president.. Many of his overseas trips have centered on international meetings, such as the G-20 economic summit in England or a NATO summit in France that focused on the kind of international partnerships that Obama stressed as a candidate. Others have included Obama's attempts to rebuild international support for the U.S., such as his speech tot he Muslim world from Egypt, and a town hall meeting with college students in Turkey. Next, the author gets cranky and basically says that Obama is junk and what he does is not important. He then claims that he has proof being including Congress, Rep. Joe Wilson's opinions. (How bad could you be when someone else in politics stands in public and shouts, “You lied!” During Obama's health care speech in front of Congress Rep. Joe Wilson shouted out “You lied!” after Obama said “There are also those who claim that our reform effort will insure illegal immigrants. This, too is false- the reforms I'm proposing would not apply to those who are here illegally.”. According to several facts checking organizations, the Health Care Bill expressly excludes illegal aliens from being insured from this bill. This shows that Obama is not a problem but Rep. Joe Wilson is the one with the problems. First, he is totally disrespectful for having an outburst during a Presidential Address. Second, as an elected official, he should have checked his facts first. The author is completely uneducated. Obama is a graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where he was the first black president of the Harvard Law Review. Also, the author states that Obama put businesses out of business. First of all, what business did he put out? The only business I can think of would be the bank company Lehman brothers which ran out of business in 2008. Obama began his presidency in Jan. 20, 2009 so I believe that Obama had nothing to do with that situation. In conclusion, the author does not know what he/she is talking about and the author does not understand what Obama has done so far during his one year of presidency.

WriterFanatic PLATINUM, DesMoines, Iowa

A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
By Gandhi.

Good for you! You clearly know your facts. Keep on writing!