Teen Violence | Teen Ink

Teen Violence

Teen Violence
Teen violence, the new trend of our time. Some teens get the thrill of fighting and some do not care much for this. Girls and boys are getting more aggressive towards each other. They are even getting crazy ideas how to fight each other. They get ideas from Movies, TV shows and even Video games. These types of entertainment are sending out the wrong message to teens.
Fighting can be caused by many things. The most common reason for a fight to start is because somebody was disrespected or treated badly by another person. So they take it upon them to get back by picking a fight with them. Another reason for teens to fight is when a boy or a girl has a feud with another person and it will not let it go. The third most common reason can be someone spreading a rumor and saying bad things that are not true.
In a study of seeing who fights more, boys or girls. It was discovered that boys are more likely than girls to get into a fight. Younger teens are more likely to get in a fight than older teens. Most teens that are doing drugs or steroids are more likely to get into a fight than a teen that doesn’t do drugs or steroids.
Teens should be less aggressive and manage their anger through sports or other activities. Parents should be more involved in there teens lives and set a positive example so teens could learn to be less violent and know the difference between reality and fiction. It’s always been said that “Treat others as you would like to be treated”. As a teen I will set that example to my life.

Debaser12 said...
This should be in the opinion section. And steroids ARE a drug.