My Special Place | Teen Ink

My Special Place

Everyone has a special place that they feel comfortable in or at. But my special place is the lake, I love going to the lake, it is my one and only special place but the only reason why it is my special place is because it is beautiful their seeing all the trees and plants but the best part is fishing at the lake because there is something being at the lake and fishing that calms me down. Even if I don’t catch anything but most people don’t think it is soothing. But just going and staring at the lake is so peaceful, But you know how it feels going to the lake for the first time in a few years or month's. But this is just me and my special place. But who knows yours could be the same as mine but these are the only reasons why I love going to the lake, besides just being able to get away from people in the house. Besides you would want to go to your quiet place if you knew what it was like at my household but otherwise I just love being at lake, just because
It is so beautiful there. But their are some when I don't even want to go to the lake even though it is my quiet place; but what I really want to do is go to Wichita lake because it is three times as big as lake Meredith, you can't even see the other end of Wichita lake the only reason I know of it is because I went over Thanksgiving break. That would be my new quiet place but it can’t since I live in Amarillo so I can’t really go to Wichita lake so Thompson park will have to do for now until I move possibly during the summer, but you know how it is at your quiet place well if you have one in my concern so this is really where I would like to go if I was mad but as I stated up above I can’t because I live in Amarillo. I know that was a little of subject but it is the truth I know if you love the outdoors like I do but this is me but the lake is the best place to go when you are mad or whatever is going on; take it from me I know I don’t live that far from a lake here in town it would take me a little while but ill make it there so I can go for a little hike around the lake. But that is the one place where I am very happy and love to be because my dad says when we move we will be next to a lake but some where near the mountains. So when that day comes it will be my new special place just because of where we will be in that particular area so what I said before really and truly is my special place just because I grew up and lived in Amarillo for most of my life. So this is my special place But when I walk from the lake back to my house my dad has a angry look on his face but my mom is not home yet but he knows the only reason why I go to the lake is because that is my place my place of solitude peace. But I’ve said it before the lake is my special place, and will be until for all eternity just because it is beautiful there. Otherwise I have my fishing pole so that way I can fish until I get tired of it but I really don’t; but iam just explaining what I do when iam there having a good a time or just trying cool off. But being at the lake is what I love it is one thing that is close to me just because I love being there and having fun as I have said in the past I love the lake and it is me special place and always will be. Just because some people think it is not a good place to spend time at it really is to most people and me of course. But hiking there is the best part of being there just being able to see all the trees and plants growing there and just looking cool. And the whole part of my story is just going to a quiet place and just doing what you want to do while your there doing whatever it is. This is part of my conclusion of this story and why iam telling it and why iam getting off subject just a little bit. So why am I telling this story about my special place, but just because I picked the lake is because I yes to go all the time and do nothing but fish and hike which is what ill be doing when I go to Gloriata New Mexico for church camp this summer just because ill be hiking and fishing during recreation or are free time during the time we are there having a ball. This is the reason why I am talking abut the lake and why it is my special place also because of the fact I used to go all the time with my dad and my grandpa to lake Meredith all the time so we could do all these things which has made me grow close to the outdoors and which is why iam telling this story and why it is my special place. And always will be but I just remember all this from when I was a little kid about the age of 8 so this is why I picked out this story and this is why iam telling it for the same reason iam still going to the same lake for the past few years because it is the closest to my house Thompson park is the closest one to my house so that is where I go if iam mad or just wanting some thing to do. So this is my story about my special place and why I love going to the lake and doing what I do. But just going there makes me happy in doing what I do there just because I love it. But the last time I went to the lake I fell out of the boat but my grandpa went off but luckily I knew how to swim he was laughing at me when I got in the boat, it was funny though we had a good time though but this is the last and final reason why I love the lake as my special place. And it will always be my special place just because of how beautiful it is especially at the lake down south in Wichita I passed it on the and back from Houston on the highway or interstate but it is really big for a lake as I said before but you have to see it for yourself in order to believe me but this is why I have I decided to write about my special just because it is my prompt, I wanted to write because it is the only peace of writing I liked to write about so this is my story about my special place. And which is why I decided to write it but, furthermore I love the going to the lake and hiking at a lake just because I love it and I go to the lake so often and this is the reason why iam telling this story and this is why it is so important to me but,
Since the last time I went and as I have mentioned before I fell out of the boat this what my grandpa specifically said " why did you fall out of the boat you klutz?" it was funny though I didn't expect it to happen. So this is the reason why iam telling this story because it is my special place not meaning this is my only special place but rather it being my most favorite place to go most of my time during the summer, not because iam furious or sad I just want to go half of the time. But the true reason it is my special place is because I have so many memories there and every other lake I have been to for family trips or just to go, or just to have a good time for reasons I don't know but I love it. But this is the main reason I love going to the lake and why Iam telling this story it is off subject though but Iam speaking the truth about everything in this story. But because Iam getting off subject I actually am speaking the truth, but rather than going and falling out of a boat and getting g soaking wet I still enjoy getting in a boat and still enjoy fishing. But when I go on certain occasion I always walk around for a little bit to take in the sights just because it is beautiful place there but if you don’t go to the lake you don’t know what your are missing because it is awesome there and a good way to relax, but as i have mentioned before I have so many memories there. But I will always love it there but my memories there I will cherish for the rest of my life like when I fell out of the boat as I have mentioned before in this story but I love this story and this is why I decided to write it not because I didn’t know what to write and because I was made to but because I choose to as I have mentioned this early on in the story. But over the years the lake has been and always will be my special place because it is awesome there; iam getting off subject just a little but iam saying the things on my mind. I have always cherished the lake it is one place I would rather be on this entire planet. Just because this is the way iam and always will be for as long as I live. Why am I like this? I don’t know but I think I have answered this question already up above so that answers that from my knowledge. Everyone has there own special yours could be better than the lake but it is your special place not mine so I won’t question that but everyone has a special place and that is fine with me but this is actually the reason why I decided to write this story about my special place and anyone who else who has a special place so this is my story and why I decided to write it and let you live it for yourself even if this is your special place so now you know about my special place and why I decided to write about it but I’ve said it before I'll say it again I love the lake and I would rather be there than
any place on the entire earth. But I will always remember the memories I have shared there. But any lake I have been to the memories I shall cherish for the rest of my life I know I have mentioned all of this before but it is the truth so this is my story and this is why I decided to tell it just because I love the lake and why I actually decided to tell it because I wanted to, but I love the lake and how everything looks and just because everything is just simply beautiful I know it and you know it; but all the trash I have found at the lakes and what is floating on the water it needs to be cleaned up. The true reason I have not been going to the lake is because the fishing license has gone up to $32 it used to be $24 and besides it being cold those are the two reasons why I have not gone to the lake but it will only get worse during the summer but it is not my problem it is the people who do the stuff like littering. The lake will always be my special place because it is beautiful and and a good place to get away from everyone and everything just a smooth relaxing place just to hag out and have fun with friends and family especially going to the lakes down south with family and some friends. So this is my story about my special place.